48 vs 72 hour fast reddit

I experience very high ketone readings (up to and > 5 mmol/l) and very low blood glucose readings (<40 mg/dl) after about 48 hours of a water only fast. Autophagy maxes out * Autophagy is a detox process your body undergoes to clean out damaged cells and regenerate new ones. Twitter Facebook Pinterest Reddit. After reading about other people’s experiences, I expected it to be easy. The snake diet starts with a 48-hour fast followed by a low-carb, high-fat meal. Anything past 72 hours becomes difficult. Even science supports fasting between 24-48 hours. But the easy ability to tell some one "How long do I need to fast to see results? I was referring to another podcast called “Fasting Talk” with Dr. Fung, Megan Ramos and Jimmy Moore. If I were to fast for fat loss I would do it for a week or more to be sure. Started out at 200lbs – now down to 187 with no signs of stopping. 48 hours is good for me as well. I had read many articles that suggested that there are a number of health benefits for doing a 48 hour fast. Our digestive system works without any rest, day and night. Or the benefit of higher ketone levels? My dad and I set out to do a 48 hour fast together! Cool. Doing a 48 hour fast goes against about 99% of conventional wisdom about nutrition out there. Just curious but do drink coffee or tea during your 3 day fast? Actually after the 72 hour point fasting is really easy! Still can't do Day 4 without experiencing heavy fatigue and weakness. Thu May 09, 2013 5:09 pm This is my third week of water fasting, 6 fasts in total, 1st week lost 1.5kg, 2nd week 400 g (wasn't expecting a big loss, was glad I lost since I had a very big loss on the first week), 3rd weigh in on Saturday. By doing so, their bodies could basically send in a new immune system right after the chemo destroyed it. Day 3 is when the hunger pains subside and I have a lot of energy. 48 hour fast weight loss. You skip all meals on day 2 and eat your regular ‘break fast’ meal at 12:00. 36-hour fasts. I chose to do the two 36-hour fasts per week on nonconsecutive days because I heard Michael say that it is at the 36-hour mark that the body really responds in amazing ways to the fast. Julie. My friend noticed these habitual, not-necessarily-constructive patterns in my eating so he challenged me to fast for 48 hours. xandtrek (Kathy Meyer) 2017-03-22 03:25:17 UTC #11. Immune system reset and regeneration. But then FREQUENCY of that 48h fast needs to be twice a week for it to stick, as that first fast is likely a buncha water. Then, the next morning, the real routine begins. I lost almost 3 pounds from my 48 hour fast. I think the longer you can go, the better, in that regard. If you’re new to fasting, it’s best to start slowly and work your way up to a 24-hour fasting time. I just re- listened to the podcast with Fung. The longer fasts will give you more autophagy and growth hormone. For me, its spiritual and mental. Almost of these markers peaked between 24 and 36 hours, explaining why the increase in autophagosomes between 24 and 48 hours is substantially less than between hours 0 and 24. I don’t think its unsafe, but I also do not think it’s really needed, I’m not sure if I’ve seen any info that higher ketone levels make us healthier… these are my own opinions… and how I interpret the information I’ve learned thus far…. Try selecting a start day and time and then make preparations in your schedule for the duration of your fast. In our clinic, we will often recommend 36-hours fasts 2-3 times per week for type 2 diabetes. Slow and steady wins the race! But I just got the book “The Complete Guide to Fasting” and it shows a protocol of fasting every other day. First, I don't think you will sustain working out for an hour daily. The 2-Day Fast is a 40-48 hour period where you don’t consume more than circa 50 calories at a time, to avoid activating your digestive system. I am now hovering around 70-72 Kgs. It is pretty new, just over 10 episodes, so you can quickly catch up. We need some noobs in here to experiment on. Anything past 72 hours becomes difficult. For Beginners: Fasting 101. You finish dinner on day 1 at 7pm for instance, and you would skip all meals on day 2, and not eat again until breakfast at 7 am on day 3. Also, fasting isn't linear, so doing two 48-hour fasts doesn't get you the same level of autophagy as one continuous 96-hour fast. Over the past 4-5 years, one of my constant experiments has been with my diet and eating habits. The 72-hour mark is truly the END of the unpleasant preparation for the Real results can begin. Here's my feedback about a 48 hour fast that I did from 7 pm on Friday evening through to 7pm on Sunday evening, (I've just finished this fast). You finish dinner on day 1 at 7 pm for instance, and you would skip all meals on day 2, and not eat again until breakfast at 7 am on day 3. Performing a 48 hour fast can be a scary thought, but with the right tips and plan, you can successfully make it through your fast. I certainly wouldn’t recommend embarking on a 48-hour fast if you have not attempted at least a few 24-hour fasting periods prior. So I'm doing 2, 48 hour fasts a week. the more i understand fasting, it seems that daily intermediate fasting say like a 16/8 or 18/6 timeline or whatever fits into your lifestyle is best… at least for me… I’m not sure i see a benefit for me to do extended fasting, at lease not at this time in my progress. :P, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. On one hand, supporters of fasting point to the many benefits that they claim fasting provides. I just started like this for about 1.5 week now. The effects of fasting ketosis became a more popular and controversial subject about 15 years ago due to low-carb, high-protein dieters relying on it long-term to "burn the fat". Stage one lasts for the first couple of days of the fast or about 12-48 hours from your last meal. As it relates to dieting, the obvious being that we are in a calorie restricted state. Anyway, for family reasons, medication, weight maintenance and muscles, etc., I understand 16/8 posting. A 48-hour fast done once a month can cut down monthly calories by 8,000. Firstly, why? The evening prior to starting the 3-day fast, Tim Ferriss recommends consuming a slow carbohydrate dinner (around 6 PM). Increased reduction in inflammation response . The 2-Day Fast gets you ripped pretty damn fast. Autophagy maxes out * Autophagy is a detox process your body undergoes to clean out damaged cells and regenerate new ones. Prolonged fasting usually refers to fasting for a period of time over 48 hours. Another factor to consider before attempting a 48-hour fast is your current diet. Weight Loss. I do feel that I can’t fast like I used to (my longest was 14 days) because I’m still breastfeeding my daughter. I did a lot of reading up on different ways to fast and one method that stood out was the 72-hour water-fast. Over the 12-18 months prior to my 2-day fast, I had significantly reduced my carbohydrate intake and nearly eliminated refined sugars. I usually fast for 72 hours at LEAST twice a year. I love food and eat a lot of it, so the idea of consuming nothing for 72 hours was daunting. The most challenging aspect of a 3 day fast is actually breaking the fast at the end (more on that later). *hitting forehead * duh!!! 2 Day Fast Benefits. Re: 36 Hour fast - worth it? What you need to know about rapid tests vs. PCR tests for COVID-19. The most benefits all kick in at about 72 hours so you may want to build up to the 72-hour fast and then gradually extend beyond that. By Elizabeth DeVille December 27, 2017 June 5th, 2019 No Comments. And once it’s done, I always feel empowered. To be honest, fasting for 3 days was brutal. Re: how long is 48-72 hours I filed a SNAD dispute on January 28 that was supposed to be resolved on the 9th. Study Finds Fasting For 72 Hours Can Regenerate The Entire Immune System. Someone recommended drinking a mineral-rich salt solution such as Himalayan salt, which replaces the electrolytes flushed out of your body; wheth… 72 hours. Do you listen to the “fasting talk” podcast? That’s why it’s a great idea to do a 48 hour fast at least once within a few months. Yeah but the weight you lose within the first few days is mostly water weight which means you'll put it back on. Yes, I skipped right over the 48 hour fast (more on this later). Quite simply a twenty-four fast is a day in which no food is consumed. The effects of fasting ketosis became a more popular and controversial subject about 15 years ago due to low-carb, high-protein dieters relying on it long-term to "burn the fat". Does anyone have any experience or input on this? My Personal 48-Hour Fast. 72 hours. I feel like every other day would be easier but I’m wondering if I will loose some benefits the increased ketones offer. During fasting times, you only drink snake juice which is a mixture of water, sea salt, potassium chloride, baking soda, and sulfate salts. Great question! Your liver can store 100-150 grams of glycogen, which gets depleted quite quickly during a 24 hour fast. Benefits of 72-Hour Fasting. They also said that coconut oil and those chocolate delight things were okay in P2. First off, if you are going to fast for a longer period I will say again, first check with your doctor to make sure it’s safe for you. Been experimenting with fasting for a long time. And even though the first 2-3 days are the most difficult they get easier the more I “flex my fasting muscle”. Thank you for the suggestion! 72 vs 48 hours I have been looking at the miracle skinny drops website and notice that they say to wait 72 hours before increasing calories. I started my 48 hours on a Thursday night. The stages of fasting outlined below are based off a water fast, a traditional fast in which you abstain from any food and only drink water for 12-48 hours or longer. And didn’t they do one on fasting and one with Fung? The fifth day was the hardest. Note: If you’re new to fasting, here are three summary posts I’ve written about two of the most famous books about intermittent Fasting. The 72-hour water fast claims to clear your mind, detox your system, improve immunity, and emotionally cleanse your system. I am already 24 hours into it and would love to start eating on Friday Any advice? You asked, Which is better, water fasting for 24 hours weekly or 72 hours every 2 weeks? 48 hours may not seem like much more, but it had completely different effects. The 2-Day Fast is a 40-48 hour period where you don’t consume more than circa 50 calories at a time, to avoid activating your digestive system. Being very busy and having to run around a lot when you are hungry isn’t ideal. betty. And even though he was talking with the dudes about The Obesity Code book he said not to make it too complicated. When fasting for more than 24 hours, glycogen is used by the body, consequently reducing insulin levels. Personal experiences can vary depending on the type of fast, age, or health of the individual, but these should give you a general idea of what to expect when you fast. The most benefits all kick in at about 72 hours so you may want to build up to the 72-hour fast and then gradually extend beyond that. In between is a nice little meal. Press J to jump to the feed. we're in the zone. Benefits of A 24 Hour Fast. What you said about feeling mentally superheroic–spot on. in January of 2017 Jimmy Moore launched the podcast "Fasting Talk with Jimmy Moore and Dr. Jason Fung Featuring Megan Ramos" in support of the book The Complete Guide To Fasting written by Jimmy and Dr. Fung.... in January of 2017 Jimmy Moore launched the podcast "Fasting Talk with Jimmy Moore and Dr. Jason Fung Featuring Megan Ramos" in support of the book The Complete Guide To Fasting written by Jimmy and Dr. Fung.... @Scrunchii: The best fast is one that you can live with! The main drawback of 48-hour fasting is severe hunger, although many people claim that this feeling is temporary. You can’t get that level of autophagy and growth hormone with daily intermittent fasting. With this article, you will learn how you can make it to 48 hours without breaking your fast, and learn about the benefits of fasting. They include: For 72-hour fasting, you must have a non-calorie appetite management strategy. The 36-hour fast also has a great effect on insulin resistance, while at 16/8 I did not notice this effect or was minimal on ketchup as most meals stimulate insulin. On the days when regular food intake is resumed, eating low-calorie foods could be beneficial to weight loss in the long term. In this article I'll tell you about my experience with fasting for 72 hours and everything you need to know about fasting. You asked, Which is better, water fasting for 24 hours weekly or 72 hours every 2 weeks? This is a total of 42 hours. ... with twice-monthly 48-hour fasts. Fruit is made of fructose, which is sugar that can be metabolized only by the liver. Toxins are … The 48-hour fast is done once or twice a month for better results, as opposed to once a week as some might assume. It will be close. My stomache goes wonkey if I go longer, and 48h is pretty tough anyway. How You Feel: Hungry . You will get fatigued, unless the workouts are light. I would never use my 72 hour fast as a means of losing weight. I find 3 days to be my personal best "I don't have time / desire to do a long fast but I want to lose" length of time. Day one was the hardest – by 5pm I had a cracking headache, despite drinking around six litres of water; I think it was at least partially down to caffeine withdrawal (I usually have three strong coffees a day). Fasting for 72 hours can seem more daunting than it is. I have, but I should listen to it again. I did get a small headache for around an hour which I suspect was related. So, I’ve been fasting 2-3 days a week (usually ends up being 50-60 hours) for the past four weeks in an attempt to become more insulin sensitive and to loose some body fat (I’m a 45 y/o female with 30% body fat and have sugars that after eating carbs (before keto) will go from 220 down to 49 in a 2 hour window). By Gui Perdrix. Ultimately, I ended up experiencing significant fasting benefits from my 3 day fast. I also understand the pressure you are feeling because I am feeling it as well. She’s two years old now so not getting lots of her nutrition from nursing but I still feel that I shouldn’t do more extended fasting until she completely weans because of the toxins that can be released into breast milk. I have provided them with all the infor they required, and the dispute is pretty cut and dry. Those who participated in the 20-hour fast ate whatever they wanted between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. and for those who were assigned the 18-hour fast were allowed to … I do like the idea of a 100 hour fast. I'm currently approaching 72 hours and would like to reach 120, however, low blood sugar is a concern. But there was one thing I wish I did differently. Boom. Benefits of a Three day (72-Hour) water fast. I think I'll stick to 72 hours for now. But I don’t think I should go past 4-5 days. Queue weekend… For the first hours of the fast, I was gold. For example, you may fast for 16 hours per day, only eating within an 8 hour window (eating between 11am and 7pm, fasting between 7pm and 11am the next day). Your body is highly adaptive and will become accustomed to repetitive stimuli. So 48 hours and 72 hours, once a week fitting well into my schedule, but 5:2 not so much. I’m 63 hours in my first 72-hour fast and I feel wonderful! 100 is such a perfect number! I dare you to find a diet that produces better results. Hi everyone! Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. A fast will give the much needed rest to the entire digestive system to repair and heal itself. (He also has a Keto Podcast.). I actually have no problem with 48-72 fasts. I did a trial 24-hour fast a couple weeks ago and decided to go full bore. I plan on doing a few 100 hour water fasts during the year specifically for autophagy, but like the shorter fasts to fit in with my lifestyle. The 72-hour water fast claims to clear your mind, detox your system, improve immunity, and emotionally cleanse your system. Actually after the 72 hour point fasting is really easy! Fasting Talk - Livin La Vida Low Carb During that time, I only drink water. For Beginners: Fasting 101 Note: If you’re new to fasting, here are three summary posts I’ve written about two of … I thought it would be easy so I accepted the challenge. That is healthy and it gives my body a chance to focus on things OTHER THAN processing food. I was planning to go to 1 fast per week to maintain my weight loss, but obviously I need to keep doing two fasts per week for the foreseeable future. For me I always fast at least 48 hours and if I go past that I try to get at least 5 days since that first 72 hour hump is tough and I don't want to waste that effort. “fasting talk” with Jimmy Moore is a great podcast that answers many fasting questions. I have loved intermittent fasting and wanted to try to do a longer fast. Short fasts … Let’s talk about fruit. At 48h you have for SURE lost enough fat to make a difference on the scale. Increased reduction in inflammation response . I decided that since I’ve done a 24 hour fast before, going for 60 hours would be pushing myself to the limit. That is healthy and it gives my body a chance to focus on things OTHER THAN processing food. It is said this state is attained at approximately 48 hours of a water fast for women and closer to 72 hours for men. So that is a total of 36 hours of fasting. Ah I see your point, but I did IF and PF fasts last week, been at this for a while, water weight is pretty low as it is. In addition to benefits of 48-hour fasting, there are some additional advantages that a 72-hour fast offers. It’s great to know where you are in your fast with the easy to read process reports! Day 1: 12 Hours . So, I try to eat dinner not too late on the pre-fast day in order to join my husband at the regular time for breakfast (after the 36 hours have passed) on the post-fast day. Autophagy increases 30% more. My way of life is such that it makes sense to fast on the weekends but not during the week. Right now I’m trying the 42 hour fasting protocol from Dr. Fung’s book and I like that a lot, but I need to stay on it for awhile to see if it is effective for weight loss. Thank you. In general, most types of fasts are performed over 24–72 hours. What's better, 48-72hr fast or every other day fast. I want to eat a lot or not eat at all, this feels much more natural to me. I’m kept adapted and after 24 hours water/tea fasting my ketones are in the 2.4 range, but after 60 hours they are in the 5.4 range. On Tuesday night, I finished my normal dinner about 7 PM. My last water fast was for 11 days and 11 hours (275 hours total). This will be cake I thought (pun intended). Our recommendation on this timeline comes from Tim Ferriss and his experience. Well for most people the first days are the hardest. For some that may be only IF and for others extended is simple and fine. Fasting has several associated benefits. That would mean fasting 42% of the week, in addition to working out an hour daily. Whatever form of water fasting you practice, from IF to extended fasting and everything in between, and whether you're fasting for health, weight loss, self-discipline, longevity, or any of the other myriad benefits of fasting, you've come to the right place—a community of like-minded individuals sharing our knowledge and experiences. Most people drink two to three liters of water per day during a water fast. A 72-hour fast then continues. Zero is the best amount of times to do a 48 to 72 hour fast. I like 3-5 day fasts and even did a 7 day one last month. It also doesn’t make sense to me to eat 500 calories, I just become hungrier. My magic number is 69 hours, wanted to share it. There is a 2KDs podcast where they talked to Dr. Fung. A three day water fast will give tremendous health benefits. For longer duration fasts, we often try NOT to calorie restrict during that eating period. Also I recommend doing it while you have some relaxed easy days with little planned. A 24 hour fast isn’t a fast, it’s intermittent fasting of OMAD as some people call it. It can’t be used to replenish muscle glycogen. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Being able to stay at home helped. I don't think that the quick results come sooner than 48 hours. A protein called p62 activates to induce autophagy and is the key to an improved human lifespan over time. For the remainder of the day, I only drank filtered water or herbal tea, in which I added some coconut oil. Things got easier (but not easy) around 40 hours into the fast. I can’t remember which episode it was on, but I’m pretty sure they spoke about this. Good for you that you are capable of doing multiple day extended fasting. Immune system reset and regeneration. All of those benefits of intermittent fasting can be achieved by doing an occasional 24 hour fast. It is said this state is attained at approximately 48 hours of a water fast for women and closer to 72 hours for men. April 14, 2017. Just try a few different ways to fast and do the one that works best for you. Abs are showing for the first time in five years. Doing this every day, or 5 days per week, means you are adopting an intermittent fasting schedule. Autophagy increases 30% more. Livin La Vida Low Carb I'm loving 72 hours too. I did the PVT and received the "good pop up." So, what is better? 48 hours. For example, before doing a 24-hour bone broth fast, you may want to give the 16/8 intermittent fasting method a try first, which involves eating during an eight hour time frame, and fasting for the other 16 hours. I am hesitant to believe it since some people on here are stating to wait for 24 hours to take advantage of the PVT. When you combine that with a 36-hour fast, you get a 42-hour fasting period. Water fast (24–72 hours) During a water fast, you are not allowed to eat or drink anything besides water. What about the immune benefits of a 3 day fast? Pippa yay that is awesome! As was mentioned above, there are many more benefits, the ones you are looking for like increased HGH and relief from inflammation. Having 70% of the fast over the weekend may help you to avoid interruptions with your professional life. Great question! Breaking Your Fast With Fruit. Good luck! Fasting for 48 hours improves insulin sensitivity, since fasting blood sugar levels decrease by 20 percent while not eating for two days. The 72 Hour Fast : The Scientifically Proven Way to Boost Your Energy by Eating Less. ", 48h is just when the hardest part is ending and when the best fat loss begins to happen. A 36-hour fast means that you fast one entire day. I wanted to see how my body would feel during and after this fast. 48 hour fast is a form of intermittent fasting. Keep sparkling water, coffee, and tea with you to ensure that you feel great during the fasting period. I’m also a bit worried about electrolyte deficiency because of nursing, which is another reason I’m not doing longer fasts. 48 hours is good for me as well. They had a huge incentive to stick to their fast for 48 – 72 hours. I'm on day 6 of my first 7 day and I've gotta say, no. Conclusion. Usually I follow the 12 hour fast; where I stop eating at 8pm and don’t eat again until after 8am the following day. I will probably continue to do longer fasts until I get closer to my goal weight. So it's not necessarily better to do 48 hours, get to the hardest part, reset and do it again. But always willing to try different fasts, and the best ones are the ones that work for you. So that is a total of 36 hours of fasting. 48 Hour Water Fast | Unleash Benefits From This Simple Fast is a video that highlight the value of a short prolonged fast. This study on mice found a lot of mitophagy after a 24 hour fast, but by 48 hours the activity fell off a lot although autophagy continued. It goes against everything we’re told not to do. If the idea of eating more most days, and restricting heavily on a couple of days appeals to you, a better thing to look at is 5:2 intermittent fasting. That is the last meal of the day before bedtime. Fasting for 48 hours is hard but manageable. This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by . 42 hour fasts. I was angrily yelling at cheese last night for Christ sake. But it really depends on where you are in your keto journey and what your goals are. It is advised however that individuals consume water, and in most cases black coffee and or green tea is also allowed. It was concerning. A 36 hour fast means that you fast one entire day. Great app!! Part 1. The benefits from autophagy and increased production of growth hormone kick in after 24 hours or so. On fast days I have consistently lost 1.0-1.5 Kgs of weight each time. 48h Seems to be that magic point you all are curious about. April … Reply. For me I always fast at least 48 hours and if I go past that I try to get at least 5 days since that first 72 hour hump is tough and I don't want to waste that effort. Recent iterations of these "ketogenic diets" are fine-tuning fat to protein to carb ratios.

Wade Into Battle Decklist, Can You Boil Water In A Cast Iron Teapot, Entry Level Leasing Agent Resume, Registered St Bernard Puppies For Sale, Imperative Voice Example, Permanent Warehouse Jobs Burton-on-trent, Car Sales Apprenticeships London,