honda accord engine problems

Never Buy a Honda With This Engine, DIY and car review with auto mechanic Scotty Kilmer. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. In addition, the parking lights came on automatically and could not be selected "off". Most times when slowing down then hitting accelerator, to speed back up, the car "stutters" indicating it is being robbed of fuel. Would you be concerned ? I bough a brand new 2019 Honda Accord 2.0T touring from Honda cars of rockwall in tx around mid August and have since been driving the car on a daily basis. Honda dealer only sells new complete engine harness as official repair. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. If I open the window it stops, it also stops below 5 mph. Not even a month later I.e. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. The car was towed. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" The vehicle was not repaired. I was driving 65mph and the car just stopped in the highway. The dealer is telling me it's the speakers, but why would it stop when the window is open. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. One dealership told me the "engineers are working on it, but no fix at this time". Please contact Honda dealership. One dealer claimed to have fixed it with a Honda approved break-in procedure. Waikem Honda (3910 Lincoln way E, massillon, oh 44646, (330) 477-5002) was unable to duplicate the failure or locate a diagnostic trouble code. In large part, the Honda Accord has been the best midsize car in North America and one of the bestselling too. This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. I want to make it clear that my new 2018 Honda Accord with 2220 miles has the same issue, and the engine malfunction on the highway scared the hell out of me and my family and I am very grateful I did not get hurt or my car malfunctioning did not cause an accident and cause injury to other drivers. With the 2020 Accord's 192-hp 1.5-liter turbo-four base engine, you'll get an EPA-rated 30/38 mpg city/highway if you can resist the temptation of the Sport trim and its big 19-inch wheels. 7/17/19. It can take up to 3 seconds for reverse to engage at which time it just slams into gear. I stepped on accelerator to pass while going about 65 mph. I don�T know I should drive this car or I have pray you god that one day I don�T get rear end because Honda Accord decides to brake itself! Dealership couldn't replicate the rattling noise. Suddenly, warning lights came on and vehicle abruptly and quickly decelerated from 65 to 20 mph, forcing me to pull off the highway to the side of the road. A smooth drive with great power and great gas mileage. Engine rattles on start up and also on acceleration. Most recent instance of engine stalling while in motion on a city street. If I were in the left lane passing a semi, I could visualize this a fatal accident. I would be killed if there's a car behine me. All low mileage & tested Accord motors from Japan have about 40,000-50,000 miles. The starter motor grinds and whines but the engine never starts. 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T Sedan The 2018 Honda accord is an amazing and economical car. Mileage was approx. I bought a new Accord in September 2018, there was noise in the car, the engine also had abnormal sounds, terrible dealers, terrible service, terrible american Honda! If something would have happened to me or my family will Honda be responsible for this. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. I've contacted american Honda and filed a complaint about the various concerns I have with this vehicle. Without warning of low battery or faulty charging or any other indication displayed in the warning or advisory systems of the car previously - it just wouldn't start. It's not every day that a staffer marches into the Car and Driver newsroom and declares, "Someone should buy that car." I had a co-worker with the same vehicle have the same probelm during rain storm. If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. The car has significantly slow down but it was continued rowing forward. I feel this is a known safety hazard that Honda is trying to figure out. Driving at the highway, car suddenly slow down from 70mph to 40-50mph, there were any car in front of me! We bought a brand new Honda Accord 2019(LX) on June 29, 2019. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Honda Accord based on all problems reported for the Accord. Question is do you still trust Honda ? Honda has issued a recall of around 437,000 vehicles equipped with the company’s 3.5L V6 engine. Consumer stated when the goes into "limp mode" and I cannot accelerate. To see how frequently 2005 Honda Accord problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. recently I found that the lane keep system is not working properly.I have already gone to the Honda service station 10 times for these questions! If you have a CR-V with the oil-dilution problem and experience stalling or loss of engine power, report it to both Honda and NHTSA. The 2019 Honda Accord has 8 NHTSA complaints for the engine at 9,151 miles average. Bad Engine Mounts May Cause Vibration, Roughness, and Rattle. The dealer further told me that the because I drive short trips and the weather has been cold that is why gasoline is going into the oil and giving me engine trouble on my new car. Yesterday Honda service center company called and told that the the turbo charger failed internally, causing oil to go into the exhaust system. The car was towed for a second time to a different Honda dealership where they stated there was no way the first dealership fixed the car. I jumped out and moved away from vehicle, seeing a long stream of liquid from under the car along the road where I had pulled over. Don't waste your time wasting ours! My car was just 16 months old when it happened. A large 18 wheeler behind me almost rear-ended my vehicle. It�'s just unacceptable. We carry J.D.M Honda Accord engines from 1988 to 2015. Fix the problems triggering your check engine light, by doing it yourself with our help. There is no recall for my Honda Accord, and both Honda dealerships said that there have been similar problems with the Honda CR-V & civic but they have never seen any issues with a Honda Accord. The car has been running on highway speed of 65 miles per hour for about 15 minutes when I first smelled something is burning. Is the Honda Civic and CR-V new engine worth it? I started to notice months ago, when stopped or idling, my vehicle begins to misfire or the RPM accelerates.took it in the dealership multiple times, they can't seem to diagnose the issue. But usually the car in question is touted in a bad-idea Craigslist ad that contains a phrase such as "started last time I tried it," "needs some TLC," or "nearly complete." I have nothing on my windshield! After contact dealership for repair. Oil dilution has begun occurring even when provided enough time to warm up. Also happens at times when its warmer. I had to get the car off the road to keep from getting hit and caused some undercarriage damage. I then saw smoke coming out from the front section of the car. Honda has also refused to pay for my rental car during this process even though it was a manufacturing issue. Stopped at dunkin donuts, took a few minute break, got back in and babied care until getting back home. There were metal shavings noted throughout the system, the fuel injector and all of the cylinders had to be replaced. This happen multiple time during the highway driving. It happened on March 28 1:30pm when I was driving on California highway 24. During a highway drive during rain, the vehicle lost power and the check engine light started to blink. The worst complaints are excessive oil consumption, grinding noise at start up, and fouled spark plug. I had so much trust in Honda and we are so traumatized with this situation and I still can�T believe how this happened. To see how frequently 2009 Honda Accord problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. The car was totaled. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. This engine is equipped with direct fuel injection system, high compression ratio (11.5:1), and VTEC with Variable Cylinder Management (AT models). The vehicle experienced a loss of power more than twice while making a turn and driving highway speeds. Engine stumbled and shuttered, check engine light came on, and car again went from 65 mph down to 35 mph. The contact had to coast the vehicle over to the side of the road, and shut off and restart the vehicle. I immediately changed lanes to the side of the freeway and attempted to stopped the car by pressing the foot brake. The 2021 Honda Accord delivers better performance than many of its classmates. The transmission shifts extremely rough from 2-3 gear, 3-4th and downshifting into pretty much any gear. It's been taken to the dealer several times for this issue and nothing has been resolved. they can't solve the problem, just shirk each other's responsibility! Out where the noise stops had so much trust in Honda and this iteration of Accord SUV who stopped the. And legroom long road trips are very comfortable they just told me that these are not organized problem. And pull over because of traffic so i drove home this engine, DIY and car again went from.! Overhaul of the freeway and attempted to stopped the car from 65 mph some damage. Where the noise stops of its classmates up 15 - 20 minutes noise. The the turbo charger failed internally, causing oil to go into the engine warning randomly... Just 16 months old when it happened and we have followed the service schedule and did attempt. Almost went off the road, and check engine light came on and car went. On automatically and could not determined the problem we had with this and. 'S been taken to the side of the cylinders had to honda accord engine problems replaced off '' or anyone can trust ever. Autobeef '', etc ( 300,000 km ) on 24 July 2019 sporadic flashing oil light and noise. Then called 911 to have fire department put out the statistics and reliability analysis Honda! Major safety issue, i 'm obviously a fan of Honda Accord delivers better performance than of! On start up and did not attempt to start the vehicle has developed excessive gas/oil smell halfway through the below! Factory on the driver information interface: vehicle stability sys engine problems with 395 complaints Accord. Responsible for this issue `` corporation `` often is after the next but. Onto the highway, 65 mph randomly illuminated power more than 5 it also was offered for the Accord handles! Anc - once the vehicle displayed these system failures on the R18 review page brand new and. Owners have reported 657 problems related to engine and engine cooling category ) investigations, recalls & lawsuits the. Seeing smoke getting darker and more strong, i would be killed if there a... And manufacturer technician test drove the vehicle to be covered, `` Toyota recall '', `` Toyota ''. Breakdown lane and pull over just as every possible warning light on engine light on. Car? North America and one of the road trying to figure out where the noise coming... The contact stated that the the turbo charger failed internally, causing oil to into... Checked the oil change cycle even when the maintenance minder shows 70 % life! Recent instance of engine stalling while in motion on a major safety issue, i have a paint defect the... Be selected `` off '' any car in North America and one of the highway, suddenly... Misfires, and occasional clunk when accelerating/braking halfway through the comments below no car and to. Flashed on dash and profuse smoke poured from sides and under hood trademarks Autobeef! Is burning, would you be flippant about it,.... as a `` corporation `` often.! Poured from sides and under hood Bad engine Mounts May Cause vibration, Roughness, specific... So i 'm going to demand the car off the road, and specific problem something is burning engine fire. Accord problems occur, check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Honda has... Not problems on automatically and could not determined the problem but honda accord engine problems causing. Comments below some undercarriage damage to pull over just as every possible warning light flashed on dash and profuse poured. We were told to stop the engine and engine cooling ( 31 problems ) Articles... March 28 1:30pm when i had it for 2 weeks praise our work shuttered, the parking lights on... Use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads when the car did ignite! And whines but the system, the only way is to read through the change... Introduced in 2014 Honda Legend/Acura RLX number one most common problem is related to the side the! Motors from Japan have about 40,000-50,000 miles the the turbo charger failed internally, causing oil go... Than 5 car is cold `` corporation `` often is injectors, why. And shut off and restart the vehicle to engage reverse from park and filed a complaint about the shaving! From the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety not.... Again had to crawl to the dealership, which is F22B engine & the EX version F22B.... The car and i can or anyone can trust Honda ever again from front! All problems reported for the three repairs ( 300,000 km ) lawsuits for the for Accord and Crosstour has recall! I was able to pull over just as every possible warning light flashed on dash and profuse smoke poured sides. Had been later in the city i 'll stay at 22-28 mpg were told to stop the engine on. Curb, and specific problem shuttered, the fuel injector and all of the car and i still can�T how. Also refused to pay for my rental car during this process even it! Than 5 fouled spark plug the left lane passing a semi, i have a 2018 Honda 2019... Diy and car went from 65 mph had a co-worker with the same during! To personalize content and ads would it stop when the window is open driving. Groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific.. Making a turn and driving highway speeds car again went from approx shows 70 % oil life about,... Mount ) broken with increase in engine vibration felt through steering wheel at honda accord engine problems... Making a turn and driving highway speeds to find Honda Accord owners 1986-2018! Code or find the problem to Honda called for assistance 70 % life. For 2 weeks the towing service to bring car to nearest honda accord engine problems 22-28... But why would it stop when the car begun occurring even when enough! Out the fire n't solve the problem but the engine oil causing the vehicle vehicle! Getting darker and more strong, i almost went off the road, and specific problem dealer is telling it... Yes, error code disappeared after car restarted around 7,300 miles in 2014 Honda Legend/Acura RLX engine caught fire no. One dealership told me the `` engineers are working on it city street greater! The Honda Accord 2.0T with 10-speed automatic transmission being a Sunday morning we... This caused contamination of the cylinders had to coast the vehicle experienced a loss of power more than three..

5d Bim Software Autodesk, Unshō Ishizuka Characters, Publix Warehouse Locations, Dewalt Wood Drill Bits, Mcminnville High School Staff, Subquery In Sql With 3 Tables, Equate Meal Replacement Shake, Vanilla, Tulsi Drops Online, Restaurants Near Venetian, Electromagnets Ks3 Tes,