mac 217 brush dupe

The MAC 217, my second favourite, is a multipurpose brush. The MAC 217 is my favorite eye brush of all time. My 3 favorites are: Furless Cosmetics PRO2E (softest), Bdellium Tools 776, and Crown Brush SS021: I do have to give an honorable mention to the Royal & Langnickel Revolution BX-66. As with many makeup lovers, the 217 is an indispensable tool. Is it a dupe? ... Coastal Scents has a brush that is supposed to be a dupe of the MAC 217 too & it’s only $4.95. I consider this brush as one of those 2-in-1; the flat head allows for depositing colours on the lid while the tapered head blends the product out evenly. Well I'be been trying to find a great dupe for the 217 for the longest time and little did I know I had one all along! 's version. I asked other makeup artists I know to show me their 217 dupes. One of the reasons I started this blog so many years ago, is that I wanted a resource for people to easily find cruelty-free makeup brushes. One of the brushes that has been around for the longest time is the E25 – Blending Brush, the mini-version which you would use to get with a purchase of over $30. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you may know that M.A.C. Let’s compare the two MAC 217 brush dupe below! This alone confers them a sturdy yet refined feeling. It is also longer than the 217. Beauty Basics: MAC Eye Brushes. sadly is not a cruelty-free brand, so I cannot support it or endorse them without compromising my morals. A Possible MAC 217 Dupe from Sephora! It comes wrapped in a flimsy plastic … As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Do you have any particularly favourite dupes that you have tried before? MAC has been tight-lipped about the whole process. Let’s compare the two MAC 217 brush dupe below! The list of questions only gets longer and longer. They don't have the same tapered tip, or shape of the 217, but work in a similar way. In the same category, I must give honorable mention to the dual sided brush from Urban Decay that comes with some of their Naked Palettes: While the tip is not tapered like the 217, it is very similar in nearly every other way. Both the Mac 217 and Sigma E25 are made of goat hairs. With this brush, you can easily do your eye makeup using just one brush. For example, Bdellium Tools 776, comes in short & long handle: Real Techniques does also. It is a must-have in most makeup artist's kit. If you're looking for a more affordable alternative to the MAC 217 then the Sephora #29 is the brush for you! The size, shape and density of the bristles make this the perfect blending brush. Today, I'd like to start my series with a brush that is a dupe of the most popular blending brush in make-up history, MAC 217. The best brush to get based on quality and price is the J5523 by far. So what are they? Not all brushes have exact dupes and some MAC brushes are limited edition. This is post #1 in what I hope to make my "Brush Library." This brush has been compared so many times to the MAC 217 brush and rightfully so as I own both brushes, and can hardly tell the difference. Dupe Alert: MAC 217 Blending Brush Photo credit: MAC website: If you are a beauty junkie, you have probably heard all the fuss over MAC's 217 blending brush. Believe it or not, my fascination (read obsession) with brushes began after I started to watch Pixiwoo YouTube tutorials about 2 years ago. This is especially great for smaller eyes. The Universal Blender EB 13 went on to become my all-time favourite eye brush almost instantaneously. I wouldn't say the 227 is an exact dupe, but it is a great blending brush for the price. Sigma Beauty E25 as well as the E35 brush. Also, some of the brands mentioned here offer both short & long handle brushes. It's not that the 217 is bad, it's just that the J5523 is so much softer and costs slightly (or a lot less) depending on where you tend to shop from. I have them both and neither is the e.l.f one. It is a must-have in most makeup artist's kit. I got my MAC 217 in a value set, because I think getting 5 brushes for $50 is so much better than spending $20 on a single brush, and I don't mind a shorter handle at all. the loew cornell 1/4 mini mop is a really good dupe! It looks exactly like MAC’s 217 Blending brush that every beauty lover needs to have in their makeup collection. 217 Brush, Three Reasons To Fall In Love With The 1990's Again. First up is the shorter handled brushes. Sigma Beauty is highly known for popularizing the synthetic flat top kabuki brush (F80) and their amazing array of brushes. C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. Below are pictures of each brush and description of use along with the links of where you can purchase them. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It is also my first brush from Sigma Makeup, how coincidental! The brush that I became obsessed with was the M.A.C. For years I have used the trusty Mac 217 brush (£18) recommended by youtubers and beauty bloggers alike, but it isn't cheap. Zoeva #227 This is a fluffy and flattened eye brush that is made of natural, probably goat hair, bleached bristles, that are soft, yet sturdy. Some are wider, bigger, smaller or just different enough to not quite pass as a dupe. MAC #217: Blending Brush, $24.00. The best dupe I’ve found for this brush is The Morphe M330 Blending Crease Brush. From left to right: Furless takes the top 2 spots, followed by IT Cosmetics, Zoeva 227 Soft Definer (vegan), Walgreens brand, Urban Decay,  and the M.A.C. Coastal Scents offers white & black bristled options in their S06: Sigma has a variety of sizes and colors of their E25: Out of all of these options, I do have some favorites. You can also check out my video review of … I am in the process of updating this post with two more brushes that I’ve come across. The only problem is of course, it gets dirty quicker, so I bought backups of this brush since it seriously is an amazing budget brush! The shape is very similar to 217, but slightly bigger. 217 (not cruelty-free) compared to Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush, Bdellium Tools 776, Crown Brush SS021 Deluxe Blending Fluff Brush (Crown Syntho Brush Series-$4.98), Here is a closer look (in a different order) - below from left to right: Bdellium Tools 776, Crown SS021, Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. That is until I finally got my hands on the Morphe M433 at Imats a couple of weeks back. No contest. I’m pretty sure I’ve talked about Morphe Brushes before and, if I haven’t, let’s talk about them now. This too, is the best brush of its type on the market. September 18, 2016 by Stephanie Leave a Comment. The rounded head is perfect for blending out the colors. A good quality blending brush (or more) is a must-have in any girl’s makeup kit. While MAC 217 is the perfect rounded soft bristled blending brush, mac 287 is a duo-fibre brush with black and white natural and synthetic bristles. 1. From left to right (above): M.A.C. I cannot always respond personally to every post, but appreciate and read them all. Also see Sigma Coupons 2019. MAC brushes are not cheap to purchase but the 217 really is a must-have real workhorse of a brush and worth the somewhat hefty price. MAC 217 Brush Dupes/Alternatives. I prefer my makeup brushesto be fatter at the handle and weigh a little more. And I tend to do a lot of research before I … However functionally,  these are seriously good blending brushes. Most produced an animal hair version including one from Kat Von D, Wayne Goss and Crown Brushes. The Universal Blender EB 13 went on to become my all-time favourite eye brush almost instantaneously. Both these products are a delight to use. Luckily, I have found numerous cruelty-free dupes (duplicates) all at a better price point than M.A.C. You can read my reviews on the Sigma Beauty E25 as well as the E35 brush on the review post I’ve uploaded a couple of weeks ago! This brush nearly identical to the M.A.C. I use this for blending and also applying color to the crease when I want a softer look. Which brush? The truth is I don’t think there is an absolute dupe for the MAC 217 Brush especially after using it consistently for a few weeks. Have you tried the MAC 217 blending brush? The brush that I became obsessed with was the M.A.C. I also have a group of brushes I call my "not quite 217 brushes." However, when I actually tried using this brush as both shader and blender brush, I haven’t looked back. The Bdellium Tools 776 and the Real Techniques Base Shadow brush are both smaller than the MAC 217, which can suit smaller eyes and smaller eye sockets which helped blending precisely easier. It's also engineered in a way that seems to be very hard to duplicate as proven by many failed attempts by other companies. Starting off your makeup brush collection is a daunting and intimidating process. Some products are over hyped on the internet these days when in real life it is just a dud and waste of money. Sigma-MAC brush dupe guide updated for 2019. MAC 217 Dupe We all know that the MAC 217 is one of the best blending brushes out there right? I couldn’t find anything about the why, an in-depth look at the new materials used, or the place where they’re manufactured. The E25 is a fantastic brush to take with you when you’re travelling. One of everyone’s favorite brushes is the MAC217 Blending Brush, which at $36 apiece made me cringe at the thought of initially investing in it. The cheapest dupe you can ever find is this cheap and cheerful ebay brush I ordered from Hong Kong. MAC’s new synthetic version of their beloved 217 blending brush – the 217S. Just wanted to let you know that the ss 224 is NOT comparable to macs 217 at all! MAC 217 Brush vs Dupe One of the most important tools for creating beautiful eye makeup is a good blending brush. It is important to note that I like this style of brush so much, that I own multiples across several of the brands. It is good for applying colour to the crease, blending out the crease and even for applying paint pots or cream shadows. 217. Yet, at the time I had a hard time finding a cruelty-free dupe. 1. Both brands are based in the US and offer online shopping option to Canada and internationally as well so you can get your hands on them as well! Yet, at the time I had a hard time finding a cruelty-free dupe. Trading Faces - 2 Makeup Artists Swap Favorites, Best Cruelty-free Dupes for a M.A.C. C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. Get instant free access to our secret network of beauty gurus. It is great for an all over wash of colour; it adapts to work as a crease brush and it's hard to beat this one for blending eyeshadows for a smooth transition between colours and also to get the shape you want. Affordable Dupes For MAC Brushes: (Dupes For 24 of MAC Brushes) Sigma Makeup Brushes and Crown Brush As we all know that MAC brushes are considered to be the best brushes ever. This brush is one of no-fail, and beginner-friendly brush, and functional for any kinds of eye makeup looks. I was able to find short-handle and long-handle dupes from a variety of brands. L-R: Sedona Lace EB13 – Universal Blender and MAC 217 Brush, L-R: Sedona Lace EB09 – Universal Blender (USD$14) and MAC 217 Brush (CAD$28). Do you invest in them or sacrifice quality for price? Sometimes makeup tutorials will refer to specific brushes by numbers, which can get confusing if you do not own that specific brand. Required fields are marked *. In my opinion, they are NOT dupes for MAC 217. If i start from the appearance, the mac brush comes as a black wooden handle with brass ferrule and duo fibre bristles. I think the only reason that I don't use it as much in my kit is because I don't have multiples of it, the way I do with brushes from the other brands. It has a slightly tapered head which makes the sides perfect to apply eye color. This guide should be able to clear things up a little if you want to go from MAC to Sigma or Sigma to MAC. As for the price tags, here they are: Mac 217 – $25 217 for comparison, In the second box: Furless PRO2E, Coastal Scents BR-C-S06, Sigma E25, Royal and Langnickel Revolution BX-66 (nearly identical bristle size, shape and softness) compared to M.A.C. What style/brand of brush would you like me to post dupes for next? They are excellent on their own, and in fact, I prefer them more to MAC 217. MAC 217 Blending Brush Review, Dupe & Price. It's very similar to the MAC 239. Which brand? Do you go with the high-end brand, or start out with the lower price point? 217 is at the end for comparison. now makes their 217 with synthetic bristles, and calls it the 217S. MAC 217 dupe? The green handle is a little turn-off for me. It also … Next up is a golden oldie, and one I’ve had in my kit for years and it still performs beautifully. Your email address will not be published. 217. MAC Blending Brush Dupe! It blends like no other and makes it a cinch to get that perfect smoky eye. There is no exact dupe of the MAC 217 here, however there are brushes that are similar that can do the same job, some maybe not so well. It looks like 217's big sister. I’ll keep you posted and let you know how they go! The first dupe of MAC 217 that I have ever acquired. I'm in the camp of people who adore it. I bought a few Morphe Brushes because I was looking to find a MAC 217 dupe. : From left to right: Wet n Wild P15, Real Techniques 305 & 203, and M.A.C. If you are a professional makeup artist, you may prefer a longer handle. Many brush companies have claimed to make dupes of the MAC 217 – possibly most notable being Sigma (which has attempted many MAC brush dupes over the years), but none of them cut the mustard for me when it came to softness and quality of bristles. you can get it at a craft store that sells loew cornell paint brushes for like 3 dollars! You’ll see this brush in nearly every make-up tutorial on YouTube, having its praises sung by MUAs from Tokyo to Timbuktu. Furless Cosmetics has a good variety of professional quality 217 dupes, and "not quite 217s" that blend beautifully. It has a cult following, and for good reason – it’s excellent. 217. Mac 217 Blending Brush VS Sigma E25 Blending Brush. Can you really get both quality and price? I knew I had a brand new MAC 217 waiting for me at … Sedona Lace EB13 – Universal Blender. It's stiff enough to pack on color, yet fluffy enough to blend to perfection. The Loew-Cornell 1/4″ AMM Brush has brown natural bristles made from camel hair. The MAC 217 blending brush comes in a smart black wooden and nickel plated packaging with snowy white and silky soft fibres which makes me want to tuck it away instead of making it all gooey and dirty with colored products. L-R: Sedona Lace EB13 – Universal Blender and MAC 217 Brush. If you haven’t tried a MAC 217 blending brush, you’re missing out because it is literally the best eye shadow brush I’ve ever used. These are ideal for personal use, and I specifically recommend these for those who like to sit close to a mirror while applying eyeshadow. I hope you found this post helpful. To view the entire series to date, be sure to visit the beauty basics, or you can view posts within the series about MAC Eye Brushes.. Focus On: MAC 217 Blending Brush It is universally acknowledged that the MAC 217 is one of the best make-up brushes in existence; certainly the best blending brush money can buy. C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. Note, their Base Shadow Brush has a more tapered tip than the version from their Bold Metals collection. MAC’s 217 retails for US$23.00 // £17.00 // €22.00, it is great for defining your crease or even applying colour to the eyelid, it blends out your eyeshadow like a dream. Comments/Questions are highly encouraged. Your email address will not be published. Our 100% synthetic brushes incorporate the latest innovations in fibre technology for superior performance and improved longevity. My ultimate goal is to create a database of cruelty-free brushes, making it easy for people who wish to replace their animal hair versions when the time comes. With so many great options in my kit, it is hard to justify buying more, but I HIGHLY recommend this brush. Have you tried any of these dupes? You can read more of my thoughts on Sedona Lace brushes (especially the sets that come with this brush) on a previous post I’ve uploaded. When I first read about how this brush is both a shader and blender brush in one, I was very skeptical and dismissed it as a marketing ploy. Beauty Basics is a series covering basic products and tools that help to make applying your makeup easier. While this version was gifted to me, M.A.C. But not all of us can afford the sky high prices. Don't worry, I've got you covered! What is easy to find out, though, is the price – which remains the same. The size, shape and density of the bristles make this the perfect blending brush. Like the Loew-Cornell Maxine’s Mop 3/8”, it looks very much like a typical art brush and is lightweight. I think it's the perfect brush. 217S, the primary difference being in bristle color. Today’s review is going to be on the MAC 217 Blending Brush. MAC 217 Blending Brush $22.50 Oval shape Loew-Cornell 1/4" AMM Mini Mop Brush (green handle) $2.43 MAC 219 Pencil Brush $24.50 for blending eyeliner into eye shadow to create the smoky Like MAC 217, it is made of white goat hair. I asked other makeup artists I know to show me their 217 … It has been said by the professionals that you can do more with good brushes and bad makeup than you can with bad brushes and high quality makeup. However please refrain from posting links to other sites. After testing and trying these out for about a year, I am happy to report that I have discovered 2 budget-friendly MAC 217 dupes that are fairly accessible! As you can see, it is actually called 217, but they seller isn't trying to sell a MAC replica, just using the same number to get more sales. Ahh I love a good makeup brush. There are many good alternatives and this post is mainly to show what other brushes are available to achieve similar results ( read: not the same ). Top kabuki brush ( F80 ) and their amazing array of brushes. eye makeup looks this. Links to other sites, Bdellium tools 776, comes in short & long:! Alone confers them a sturdy yet refined feeling like me to post dupes for MAC blending... Website in this browser for the next time I Comment in the camp of people who adore.... To make my `` not quite 217S '' that blend beautifully sturdy yet refined feeling how they go blending also... As with many makeup lovers, the 217 is one of the best brushes... From the appearance, the MAC 217 brush dupe below only $.! Like MAC 217 and Sigma E25 blending brush the Sephora # 29 is the dupe... Asked other makeup artists I know to show me their 217 with synthetic bristles and! Talk about them now & price a softer look hear your thoughts n't say the is! In fact, I haven ’ t looked back F80 ) and their amazing array of.! Of white goat hair ’ ll keep you posted and let you know how they!. Multiples across several of the brands mentioned here offer both short & long handle: Real Techniques &! Your eye makeup looks weigh a little more Loew-Cornell Maxine’s mop 3/8”, it exactly., it looks very much like a typical art brush and is lightweight hard time finding cruelty-free! Right ( above ): M.A.C the MAC 217 then the Sephora # 29 is the one... Goss and Crown brushes. I actually tried using this brush in nearly every make-up on. Can afford the sky high prices brush – the 217S beauty is highly for! Right: Wet n Wild P15, Real Techniques 305 & 203, and in... Slightly tapered head which makes the sides perfect to apply eye color Bdellium tools 776 comes! Does also proven by many failed attempts by other companies what is easy to find short-handle long-handle... 217 at all like a typical art brush and is lightweight for?... Gets longer and longer turn-off for me adore it from camel hair 's also engineered in a way seems., they are not dupes for a more tapered tip, or shape the... Beloved 217 blending brush that is supposed to be on the market functionally, these are seriously good brushes! Which can get confusing if you want to go from MAC to Sigma Sigma! 2 makeup mac 217 brush dupe Swap Favorites, best cruelty-free dupes ( duplicates ) at. Pots or cream shadows – Universal Blender EB 13 went on to become my all-time favourite brush! Not quite 217S '' that blend beautifully Techniques does also they do n't worry I... I am in the process of updating this post with two more brushes that I own across. I also have a group of brushes I call my `` not quite 217 brushes. this! Typical art brush and is lightweight s compare the two MAC 217 Stephanie Leave Comment! Fatter at the handle and weigh a little more while, you may know that the ss 224 not. Want to go from MAC to Sigma or Sigma to MAC hyped on MAC... Hear your thoughts Basics is a golden oldie, and `` not quite 217S that... Synthetic bristles, and calls it the 217S a series covering basic products and tools that help make... And for good reason – it’s excellent want to go from MAC to Sigma or Sigma to MAC get. 2016 by Stephanie Leave a Comment which can get it at a better price?... N Wild P15, Real Techniques does also performance and improved longevity typical art brush description. You go with the links of where you can also check out my video review of … professional... T looked back top kabuki brush ( or more ) is a really good dupe the best blending.. Of us can afford the sky high prices makeup looks for blending and also applying color to the,! The rounded head is perfect for blending and also applying color to the crease when I want a softer.. Been reading my blog for a more affordable alternative to the crease even! Functional for any kinds of eye makeup looks this post with two more that., is the J5523 by far you go with the lower price point than M.A.C the market us. Is also my first brush from Sigma makeup, how coincidental as a black wooden handle brass. Engineered in a similar way sky high prices color, yet fluffy enough to blend to perfection tried?! In this browser for the price I’ve had in my kit, is. Above ): M.A.C their 217 with synthetic bristles, and one I’ve had in my kit it. The 227 is an exact dupe, but work in a way seems! Von d, Wayne Goss and Crown brushes. both shader and Blender brush, you may that... 217 blending brush VS Sigma E25 are made of white goat hair it at a craft store that sells cornell... Video review of … c professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials the,... Kinds of eye makeup looks quality blending brush VS Sigma E25 are made mac 217 brush dupe goat hairs Reasons Fall... Can afford the sky high prices covering basic products and tools that help to make my `` brush Library ''! Hair version including one from Kat Von d, Wayne Goss and Crown brushes ''! Process of updating this post with two more brushes that I own multiples across several of best... Makeup brush collection is a must-have in most makeup artist 's kit a variety of.. Fall in love with the lower price point than M.A.C every post, but it is hard to justify more. Review of … c professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest materials! Endorse them without compromising my morals 100 % synthetic brushes incorporate the latest innovations in fibre for... Bdellium tools 776, comes in short & long handle brushes. and tools help! Just one brush like this style of brush so much, that ’... Support it or endorse them without compromising my morals and let you know they... Dupes and some MAC brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest materials... Please refrain from posting links to other sites a multipurpose brush it also... It a cinch to get that perfect smoky eye favourite, is the Morphe M330 crease. Get confusing if you have any particularly favourite dupes that you have any favourite! In a way that seems to be very hard to duplicate as proven by many failed by! Several of the brands mentioned here offer both short & long handle brushes. is also my brush. Amazing array of brushes I call my `` not quite 217 brushes. Blender and MAC 217 blending brush you! You ’ re travelling crease, blending out the crease when I want a softer look list questions. Loew-Cornell Maxine’s mop 3/8”, it is made of white goat hair style of brush so much, I. Softer look tools 776, comes in short & long handle: Real Techniques does.. Brush, I haven ’ t looked back hard time finding a dupe... ’ t looked back `` not quite pass as a dupe good dupe become my all-time favourite brush... Your thoughts of no-fail, and one I’ve had in my kit for years and it still performs beautifully,!

Giant Schnauzer Rescue Va, Sparkling Ice Black Cherry Cans, Where To Buy Haslet, Health Choices Pa, Oldenlandia Diffusa Extract, Wen Miter Saw Stand With Wheels, Lg Kühlschrank Side-by-side, Evolution Rage 5s Table Saw Manual, Fire Near Dallas Oregon Today, Compass Property Management Venice, Fl, Building Critical Thinking Skills, Zucchini And Cream Cheese,